The Public Defenders
The Public Defenders are salaried barristers independent of the government who appear in serious criminal matters for clients who have been granted legal aid. Learn more about the Public Defenders Office.
Public Defenders do not provide general legal advice to the public.
If you need legal help, contact LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529
Our website will be unavailable from 8am Saturday 14 December 2013 to 6pm Sunday 15 December 2013 while we conduct scheduled maintenance.
- Sentencing Tables
- Evidence Act Tables
- Papers by Public Defenders
- Most Recent Papers by Public Defenders
- Conference Papers
- Inhouse Seminar Papers
- Indigenous Law Resources
- Criminal Law Survival Kit
- Guideline Judgments
- Judicial Officer Contact Details (NSW Supreme Court)
- Judicial Officer Contact Details (NSW District Court)
- Appointment of Public Defenders
- Legal Aid Commission NSW
- NSW Bar Association
- The Law Society of NSW
- Practitioner's Guide to Criminal Law